Community Investment Program (CIP) Program Manager job at Camden London Borough Council
In Camden, we are committed to working together to make our borough the best place to live, work, study and visit. Partnering with our communities is at the heart of how we work, so everyone can access opportunity and no one is left behind.
Help implement Camden’s Community Investment Program (CIP), our plan to invest over £1 billion in new social housing, schools and community spaces. A flagship program at the heart of Camden 2025 – the borough’s community vision.
The Community Investment Program (CIP) is Camden’s long-term, innovative program to construct new homes, school buildings and community facilities in the borough. We have completed 1,000 housing units to date, including more than 500 social and affordable housing units, built new community centers and schools, and invested in school buildings throughout the borough. We have ambitious plans in place to build thousands more homes.
This is a key role at the heart of the program which helps to ensure the efficient management of £1 billion of capital investment. You will lead monitoring and reporting across the program to ensure decision makers and other stakeholders have clear and timely information on performance and risk.
You will conduct intelligence and analysis, lead monitoring and reporting, and oversee Board-wide operational processes, including risk and performance management and gateway reviews of projects at key development stages.
This position will give you the opportunity to:
• Make a major contribution to effective decision-making in the CIP – a political priority central to achieving Camden’s vision for the borough.
• Work with the wider Council and external partners – expand your network and understanding of the Council and the development process.
• Work closely with elected members.
You will be an enthusiastic entrepreneur with experience in project and/or program management, a good communicator and analytical skills.
Some of your main responsibilities will include the following:
• Lead the administration of IPC strategic management groups to support performance management and decision making across the program.
• Monitor and report across the program to ensure decision makers and stakeholders have clear and timely information on performance and risk.
• Support the development and implementation of CIP programs through project phases.
• Manage the relationship with the Greater London Authority and other external funders
• Support the identification and adoption of best practices in IPC.
Work for Camden
We are ready to welcome your ideas, your points of view and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine the way we support our communities, and we will redefine what a career can be. If that’s okay with you, we’d love to chat.
At Camden, you will enjoy many benefits and join a flexible employer. Click HERE to see full details of our benefits.
To view the job profile, please click HERE
To apply, click on the Apply now link below.